By Norbert Berkowitz
An creation to Coal Technology thoroughly describes coal know-how study and improvement. Coal is a vital fundamental gasoline in the course of the international and examine has unfold from coal liquefaction and gasification to applied sciences for constructing fresh coal. The publication is split into components. half I makes a speciality of the formation and primary houses of coal. half II addresses fresh advancements and significant technical procedures comparable to the education and combustion recommendations of unpolluted coal, environmental administration of coal, and quickly pyrolysis. This moment version builds upon and updates the profitable remedy awarded in Dr. Berkowitzs esteemed 1979 ebook.
Read or Download An Introduction to Coal Technology PDF
Best petroleum books
Now in its 6th variation, Pipeline ideas of Thumb instruction manual has been and remains to be the traditional source for any expert within the pipeline undefined. a realistic and handy reference, it presents speedy ideas to the standard pipeline difficulties that the pipeline engineer, contractor, or dressmaker faces.
Offshore oil and fuel construction was once carried out through the whole twentieth century, however the industry’s smooth value and vibrancy didn't commence until eventually the early Seventies, while the North Sea turned an important manufacturer. for the reason that then, the growth of the offshore oil has been non-stop and fast. Pipelines, and extra typically lengthy tubular constructions, are significant oil and fuel instruments utilized in exploration, drilling, creation, and transmission.
This new instruction manual is designed to offer a whole, finished evaluation of box improvement and good construction, offering a wealth of sensible info. it really is meant as a reference advisor for petroleum engineers and oilfield operators, but additionally offers readily-available options to functional difficulties.
This ebook is a state of the art presentation of the explicit microbes that inhabit oil reservoirs, with an emphasis at the ecological importance of anaerobic microorganisms. An fascinating creation to extremophilic microbes, the booklet considers many of the precious and dangerous results of micro organism and archaea indigenous to the oil box surroundings.
- Handbook of thermal conductivity, Volume 1: Organic Compounds C1 to C4
- Surface Production Operations, Volume 2:, Second Edition: Design of Gas-Handling Systems and Facilities
- Catalyst for Upgrading Heavy Petroleum Feeds
- Computational Rheology for Pipeline and Annular Flow: Non-Newtonian Flow Modeling for Drilling and Production, and Flow Assurance Methods in Subsea Pipeline Design
- Production optimization
Extra resources for An Introduction to Coal Technology
2 Relationship between fixed carbon in coal and the nature of associated petroleum accumulations'1 Fixed carbon in coal (%) Carbon contents* (%) 70 65-70 86-89 83-89 60-65 79-83 55-60 75-79 50-55 71-75 50 71 Petroleum quality Petroleum and gas accumulations rare No commercially significant petroleum or gas pools Few commercial pools, but petroleum of excellent (light) quality; gas occurrences frequent, but small Principal (light) petroleum and gas pools in the Appalachian region Principal (medium) petroleum pools in Ohio, Indiana, and midcontinent states Heavy petroleum accumulations in coastal plains and in Tertiary unconsolidated formations "After Fuller .
Francis, "Coal," p. 50, 104. Arnold, London, 1961. R. Potonié, Z. Dtsch. Geol. Ges. 78, 357 (1926). A. Duparque, Rev. Ind. Miner. 6, 493 (1926). H. G. A. Hickling, Proc. S. Wales Inst. Eng. 46 (6), 911 (1931). -Th.
1) and has a vapor pressure corresponding to its adsorbed state. However, since most coals, particularly those of low rank, may also contain significant quantities of chemisorbed water and, in addition, begin to generate water by thermal decomposition at temperatures as low as 150-160°C (see Chapter 6), care must be taken that the conditions under which moisture contents are determined do not encourage formation of water. This is especially important when conventional heating is used on lignites and subbituminous coals : Even small amounts of oxygen in the protective atmosphere can in such cases form water by progressively abstracting hydrogen from the coal.