By Maria Vallet-Regi
This booklet deals a different process that hyperlinks the fabrics technological know-how of bioceramics to medical wishes and applications.
Providing a established account of this hugely energetic region of analysis, the e-book experiences the scientific purposes in bone tissue engineering, bone regeneration, joint alternative, drug-delivery structures and biomimetism, this ebook is a perfect source for fabrics scientists and engineers, in addition to for clinicians.
From the contents:
Part I Introduction
Part II Materials
3. Calcium Phosphate Bioceramics
4. Silica-based Ceramics: Glasses
5. Silica-based Ceramics: Mesoporous Silica
6. Alumina, Zirconia, and different Non-oxide Inert Bioceramics
7. Carbon-based fabrics in Biomedicine
Part III fabric Shaping
9. Bioceramic Coatings for clinical Implants
10. Scaffold Designing
Part IV learn on destiny Ceramics
11. Bone Biology and Regeneration
12. Ceramics for Drug Delivery
13. Ceramics for Gene Transfection
14. Ceramic Nanoparticles for melanoma Treatment
Read or Download Bio-ceramics with clinical applications PDF
Similar family & general practice books
Cardiac Drug remedy: seventh variation updates and revises the 6th variation in numerous respects. the hot version comprises six new chapters that care for ongoing controversies in regards to the use of numerous popular medicinal drugs. those chapters contain the betablocker controversies, ACE inhibitor controversies, calcium antagonist controversies, high blood pressure controversies, middle failure controversies, and Statin controversies.
This e-book presents a well timed revision of the definitive resource for speedy reference and up to date info at the fundamental future health care of ladies. Containing contributions by way of leaders in obstetrics-gynecology, basic care and proper subspecialties, the booklet provides the newest info from revered professionals.
This is often the main accomplished overview source for board and recertification evaluation in relatives medication. It contains a hundred circumstances and nearly a thousand questions with specified factors, emulating the fashion of the board exam. It covers all parts addressed by way of the board and recertifying examinations.
Vestibular Migraine is a concise monograph that provides the medical foundation for the analysis and therapy of this universal but principally unrecognized explanation for dizziness. present wisdom of the positive aspects of the is defined, and transparent information is equipped at the differentiation of vestibular migraine from different stipulations that set off dizziness, together with Ménière’s illness.
- Atlas of Primary Care Procedures
- A Textbook of General Practice 3E
- Get Through DRCOG: SBAs, EMQs and McQs
- Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2008 (Lange Medical Book)
Extra info for Bio-ceramics with clinical applications
2002) Synthesis of porous hydroxyapatites by combination of gelcasting and foams burn out methods. J. Mater. Sci. -Mater. , 13, 1193–1197. 39. , Huang, X. and Chen, Y. (2005) Preparation and characterization of interpenetrating phase TCP/HA/PLGA composites. Mater. , 59, 4000–4005. 40. , Vallet-Regi, M. A. (2002) A new method to produce macropores in calcium phosphate cements. Biomaterials, 23, 3673–80. 310 Bioceramics with Clinical Applications 41. C. et al. (2003) In vivo bone response to porous calcium phosphate cement.
87. E. and Ramakrishna, S. (2006) A review on electrospinning design and nanofibre assemblies. Nanotechnology, 17, R89–R106. 88. , Pingguan-Murphy, B. and Osman, N. (2012) Progress of key strategies in development of electrospun scaffolds: bone tissue. Sci. Technol. Adv. , 13, 043002(13 pp). 89. H. E. (2005) Nanofiber generation of gelatinhydroxyapatite biomimetics for guided tissue regeneration. Adv. Funct. , 15, 1988–1994. 90. J. et al. (2006) Electrospun silk-BMP-2 scaffolds for bone tissue engineering.
While the ﬁber jet is traveling toward the grounded collector it undergoes a chaotic whipping instability. The ﬁber jet is deposited on the collector which can be rotating and translating, as depicted here architectures by using nanofibers, which are characterized by entangled fibers and a densely packed membranous structure . This limitation makes it suitable to use in combination with an RC-assisted process as mentioned above [83, 84]. As has been commented above, the great advantage of electrospinning technology is the accurate control of fiber size, porosity, and fiber shape by different processing variables, such as applied voltage, polymer melt flow rate, capillary–collector distance, polymer/ceramic concentration, solvent volatility, and solvent conductivity .