By M. Gabriel Khan
Cardiac Drug remedy: seventh version updates and revises the 6th variation in different respects. the recent version comprises six new chapters that care for ongoing controversies in regards to the use of a number of regularly occurring medicinal drugs. those chapters comprise the betablocker controversies, ACE inhibitor controversies, calcium antagonist controversies, high blood pressure controversies, center failure controversies, and Statin controversies.
Read Online or Download Cardiac Drug Therapy Khan PDF
Similar family & general practice books
Cardiac Drug treatment: seventh variation updates and revises the 6th version in numerous respects. the hot variation contains six new chapters that take care of ongoing controversies concerning the use of a number of regular medicines. those chapters contain the betablocker controversies, ACE inhibitor controversies, calcium antagonist controversies, high blood pressure controversies, center failure controversies, and Statin controversies.
This publication presents a well timed revision of the definitive resource for speedy reference and up to date info at the fundamental wellbeing and fitness care of girls. Containing contributions through leaders in obstetrics-gynecology, basic care and suitable subspecialties, the e-book provides the newest details from revered gurus.
This can be the main finished evaluation source for board and recertification evaluate in kin drugs. It contains a hundred circumstances and nearly a thousand questions with precise causes, emulating the fashion of the board exam. It covers all components addressed by way of the board and recertifying examinations.
Vestibular Migraine is a concise monograph that offers the clinical foundation for the analysis and remedy of this universal but mostly unrecognized reason behind dizziness. present wisdom of the positive aspects of the is defined, and transparent suggestions is equipped at the differentiation of vestibular migraine from different stipulations that set off dizziness, together with Ménière’s sickness.
- Early Diagnosis of Cancer in General Practice: A Manual
- First Aid for the Family Medicine Boards (First Aid)
- Health Promotion for Children and Adolescents
- The Johns Hopkins Internal Medicine Board Review: Certification and Recertification
- Essential Emergency Medicine: For the Healthcare Practitioner
Extra info for Cardiac Drug Therapy Khan
J Am Coll Cardiol 2003;42:1838–1844. GEMIMI: Bakris GL, Fonseca V, Katholi RE, et al. Metabolic effects of carvedilol vs metoprolol in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2004;292:2227– 2236. Kokkinos P, Chrysohoou C, Panagiotakos D, et al. Beta-blockade mitigates exercise blood pressure in hypertensive male patients. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;47:794-798. Nihat K, Emrullah B, Ibrahim O, et al. Protective effects of carvedilol against anthracycline-induced cardiomyopathy.
Central nervous system effects of beta-adrenergic blocking drugs: The role of ancillary properties. Circulation 1987;75:204. 25. Engler RL, Conant J, Maisel A, et al. Lipid solubility determines the relative CNS effects of beta-blocking agents. J Am Coll Cardiol 1986;7:25A. 26. Pitt B. The role of beta-adrenergic blocking agents in preventing sudden cardiac death. Circulation 85(Suppl I): 1992;I107. 27. Deanfield J, Wright C, Krikler S. Cigarette smoking and the treatment of angina with propranolol, atenolol and nifedipine.
44. Ryden L, Ariniego R, Arnman K, et al. A double-blind trial of metoprolol in acute myocardial infarction: Effects on ventricular tachyarrhythmias. N Engl J Med 1983;308:614. 45. Julian DG. Is the use of beta-blockade contraindicated in the patient with coronary spasm? Circulation 1983;67(Suppl):1. 46. Steinbeck G, Andresen D, Bach P, et al. A comparison of electrophysiologically guided anti-arrhythmic drug therapy with beta-blocker therapy in patients with symptomatic sustained ventricular tachyarrhythmias.